well, i'm a big ole movie fanatic over here. yep. love them.
with 2010 being a spectacular year for movies and 2011 to be promising as well, i decided to do a segment on which i talk films. part 1 will involve my favorite movies of 2010, part 2 will involve the movies i'm most anticipating for 2011.
should be fun, right?
lets get started.
so, last year, i made a list of movies i was MOST excited to see. its funny because i look back on that list now and i just c-r-i-n-g-e at some of the films on there. there were a few that i didn't even get around to seeing and most of the ones i did see, were only so-so at best. quincidently enough, only 3 of them even made my favorites of 2010 list.
so, what did make the list? i'm glad you asked.
here are my top 10 favorite movies of 2010:
(in no particular order -- and please take into a account there are quite a few movies that were released this year that i haven't seen yet i.e. the social network, tron, the voyage of the dawn treader, and tangled to name a few...)
1. alice in wonderland -- i thought this film was excellent! tim burton is brilliant so i'm not surprised that it was good, but i'm glad it was! everything about it: costumes, acting, set design, sfx etc. was top notch in my book! plus, alice in wonderland is one of my all time favorite stories, so it was so awesome to see it done like this.
2. easy a -- okay, seriously, if you haven't seen this, please go do it. besides the fact that emma stone and stanley tucci are in it (two of my faves), the movie is hilarious. hil-ar-i-ous.
3. eclipse -- i'm so glad that chris weitz and david slade have pulled the twilight saga from the craptastic disaster that it was thanks to catherine hardwicke. i still think new moon was the best done of the three, but i really like eclipse as well. plus, its r-patz, my love, so...
4. robin hood -- ugh. this was such an excellent film. i was a little skeptical going in because i'm not that big of a russell crowe fan (and i didn't even KNOW that mark strong is in it) but i was pleasantly surprised. it was such a good movie. mostly, i loved the story. but everything else was quite awesome too. if you ask me, it had all the elements that make a good movie just that, a good movie.
5. scott pilgram vs the world -- i'll be honest, i didn't even want to see this until a few days before it came out, then i got excited about it. this flick was excellent! so entertaining. there was so much going on that i was never left feeling wanting.
6. inception -- chances are, you saw this movie. chances are, you loved this movie. if you didn't... i don't know how to help you because quite honestly this is one of the best films i've ever seen. as a major christopher nolan fan, i was already stoked to see it, but then with all the actors involved and everything else that went it to this movie, i walked away with a blown mind not once or twice, but three times. yeah. it was that good.
7. harry potter and the deathly hallows pt.1 -- of course this has to be on the list. best. harry. potter. yet. and we still have one more to go. thank heavens. ugh. this movie. it was funny, romantic, epic, action-packed, dramatic... what more do you want from a movie? i mean, really?
8. prince of persia: the sands of time -- with a title like that, i'm hoping that means they intend to make more... i was so impressed with this movie i saw it three times in theatres. jake gyllenhaul did an amazing job and i was thoroughly entertained throughout the whole thing. prince of persia? yes. please.
9. how to train your dragon -- this was SO good!! so good. i loved the way the movie was done. the humor was witty (any children's movie that doesn't include farting jokes gets an a+ in my book), the action scenes were entertaining, and even when they weren't flying around on dragons, or fighting them, it was still fun to watch. i'd recommend this movie to anyone.
10. unstoppable -- most based-on-true-events flicks are enjoyable just because you're watching something that actually happened. add denzel washington and rosario dawson into the mix and you know you're going to get an excellent film. which, it was. it was an excellent film.
that concludes my list of favorite movies from 2010.
what movies did you love this year?
stay tuned for part 2 of, let's talk films, shall we?!
*runners up for fave movies in 2010:
toy story 3